The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have sore or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. These Nipple Shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously without gasping for air or drinking bubbles and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
- Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple, press to your breast and fold the base to its original position.
- Release your grip on the chamber - you should feel light suction.
- You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until it is comfortable.
- Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Tip: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.
New Zealand-based, family owned business that’s making motherhood simpler, easier and greener.
Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm.
Suctions on to all breast shapes. for an easy hands-free experience.
Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously.
The Haakaa Story
Our bodies put so much effort into producing food for our babies, which is why it’s so important not to let a single drop go to waste.
The Haakaa Breast Pump is a world-first innovation that’s designed to let mothers express and collect more breast milk than they would otherwise usually let down.
Created by a New Zealand mum, the Haakaa is loved by parents across the world, and is even recommended by professionals! Because it’s so simple to use and so effective, it has made a significant impact on many mothers’ breastfeeding journeys.
The original Haakaa is based off a one-piece silicone design which creates continuous suction once attached to the breast, drawing out your breast milk and collecting every drop of your let-down.
The Haakaa breast pump helps you collect both foremilk and rich hindmilk. Because it’s only a piece of silicone, there’s no electricity nor any cords required.
Haakaa pumps are silent, lightweight and portable so you can express breast milk anytime and anywhere that’s convenient for you.
Breastfeeding can require some practice! That’s where Haakaa’s range of accessories, including nipple shields and correctors, comes in.