< back to blog posts
Feeling Good About Yourself During Pregnancy
< back to blog posts
Pregnancy comes with its own challenges and every woman’s body is different.
One thing we all have in common is that all of our bodies are experiencing rapid changes both physically and hormonally. Our ability to perform sometimes-simple tasks can be difficult. Factors such as the weather, our children, lack of sleep, pregnancy conditions, lack of family support and illness to name a few are just some of the challenges we need to overcome.
5 things we recommend you try everyday to help ensure you feel good during your pregnancy.
- Take 10 minutes just for you in the morning and before bed to sit and meditate. Quiet your mind; focus on your breathing and chant positive mantras. Reassure yourself and remind yourself that you are important.
- Embrace your newfound curves. Dress to impress in comfortable cool, stretchy clothing. There are so many great maternity clothing brands available now, and this is your excuse to shop.
- Invest in some good quality maternity bras and underwear that not only flatter but feel comfortable too. Remember you are a woman first and a mum second so feeling feminine and supportive is essential to feeling confident.
- Take time to exercise everyday. Swimming, running, yoga or even a walk can make the world of difference. A healthy active body will feel better during pregnancy and will often help to assist in what can sometimes be a long labour.
- Eat and drink well. Eat plenty of fresh fruit, veges and meat and drink lots of water too. Stay away from processed foods and foods that contain a lot of sugar they will sap you of your energy. Remember you need to fuel your body with food that will not only give you energy but will help to give your unborn child the best start in life.
We are confident that if you follow the 5 basic steps everyday you will be on the road to feeling better about yourself and your pregnancy.
Remember a pregnancy only lasts for 9 months. Learn to embrace it and your new found curves. #lovethebodyyouarein
Yoga is carefully considered movement and breath which is used to help connect body and mind.
Prenatal yoga is much ...
There is no doubt about it, keeping fit during pregnancy helps reduce your risk of pregnancy related conditions and certainly ...